Case Study: Reduced hearing
Hans is 80 years old and lives in an apartment. He is a widower and has two sons who live nearby.
Hans is social and likes to have friends and neighbors visit. He also enjoys watching TV and listening to the radio. He has also used to call a lot of family living around the country. Lately, Hans' hearing has become very poor so that the things he likes to do have become difficult.
Hans thinks this is very sad and that it destroys his quality of life.
The sons have suggested that there may be welfare technology that can help Hans.
Task 1 (healthcare/technicians):
- Healthcare make a survey of Hans and come up with suggestions for different types of welfare technology he can use.
- Healthcare goes together with technicians and find out if the suggestions are possible to solve.
Task 2 (healthcare/technicians):
- Work together and find how you can motivate Hans to use welfare technology.
- Work together and find how you can advise and guide Hans in using welfare technology.
- Make an instruction video where you teach the patient and healthcare workers to use a certain welfare technology tool.
Task 4 (technicians):
- Make a floor plan with technical installations in the apartment. (We have made a guide for placement of equipment. We must also make sure to follow national laws and regulations).
Task 5 (healthcare/technicians):
- Discuss what kind of ethical dilemmas you can face when using welfare technology in Hans apartment.
- After 2 months you and Hans meet and discuss how this has worked out for him.
- Come up with suggestions of things that may not work and what we can improve.