Case Study: Blind person
Gunnar is 64 years old and lives with his wife in an apartment in the city.
Gunnar lost his sight in a work accident 6 months ago. His wife is still working so Gunnar is alone for many hours. He wants to be as active and self-sufficient as possible in everyday life. He also wants to be able to help his wife with various housework.
The occupational therapist in the municipality has proposed testing different solutions with welfare technology.
Task 1 (healthcare/technicians):
- Healthcare make a survey of Gunnar and come up with suggestions for different types of welfare technology he can use.
- Healthcare goes together with technicians and find out if the suggestions are possible to solve.
Task 2 (healthcare/technicians):
- Work together and find how you can motivate Gunnar to use welfare technology.
- Work together and find how you can advise and guide Gunnar in using welfare technology.
- Make an instruction video where you teach the patient and healthcare workers to use a certain welfare technology tool.
Task 4 (technicians):
- Make a floor plan with technical installations in the apartment. (We have made a guide for placement of equipment. We must also make sure to follow national laws and regulations).
Task 5 (healthcare/technicians):
- Discuss what kind of ethical dilemmas you can face when using welfare technology in Gunnar apartment.
- After 2 months you and Gunnar meet and discuss how this has worked out for him.
- Come up with suggestions of things that may not work and what we can improve.