Class: Why is welfare technology important?
In this learning material students must figure out why welfare technology, now and in the future is important for your own professional field.
And finally in the third and last task you will create a model about the future patient care or create an technical aid what can be installed at a patient.
The student is able to understand the idea behind welfare technology, and which technological tools exist. And also understand the future patient care.
Answer the following questions:
1. Describe the defintion of 'welfare technology'?
2. How would you describe welfare technology in your own words?
3. Why is welfare technology used more often?
4. What do you think is your role in your own profession when it comes to welfare technology?
5. Where do you think you should pay attention when you introduce or install welfare technology at the client?
During this assignment you will search on the web for 5 technological innovations or technological tools who can be used or installed for clients. You have to subdivide this technological innovations or tools in different categories. At first you have to describe which type of technology it is and second you will describe the advantages and disadvantages of the technological tool. Below you can find the lay-out where you can fill in the different technological innovations or tools.
During this assignment you will come up with own ideas about the future patient care and technical aids. It is important that your own ideas will match the following criteria:
- How will the patient look like in the future?
- In which environment will the patient live?
- Which healthcare will be desirable?
- Which technological adaptions will be helpful?
- What problem will your developed technical aid solve?
- In which environment of the patient should the technical aid be installed?
- What is the ease of the use of the technical aid?
- What should you take into account when installing the technical tool?
You are going to create a model about the future patient care or create an technical aid what can be installed at a patient. Your designs may be existing or non- existent. There are different ways to create a model, regarding this topic: a drawing, a model of a cardboard, a comic or other creative ways. It is important that your own ideas will match the criteria's above. Be creative!